
For the word "anarchy," I chose a lightning bolt. A lightning bolt could reflect a state of disorder and they are scattered and about the same size, meaning there is no authoritative power.
For the world "celebration," I chose a smiley face. A smiley face could reflect happiness and when you're are celebrating, you are typically happy. I arranged the smiley faces in a circle because in a celebration people come together in a complete entity.

For the word "escape," I arranged the shapes in a way that they were sort of going away from the word.
For the word "intimidation," I chose a star. I arranged the stars in two columns, with smaller stars on the left and two bigger stars on the right. A star could reflect intimidation because when someone is a "star," others might be intimidated by them.
For the word "isolation," I decided to arrange the heart shape with one heart in the middle and the others on each side. This reflects isolation because when you isolate yourself, you are typically alone. I used the heart shape because a heart can reflect a certain emotion or feeling.
For the word, "logic," I arranged the shapes in a orderly and logical way.
For the word, "unity," I chose an equals sign for the shape. I also arranged the shapes in an equals sign. I chose the equals sign because when you unite together, everyone is equal.
For this activity, we were asked to create 7 blank slides in PowerPoint. On each slide, we were to pick shapes that later would represent a specific word. For each slide, I tried to pick a shape, as well as colors that best described the word. I arranged the shapes in patterns that also reflected the word. The purpose of this work was to test our PowerPoint skills, as well as think about the grouping the words and shapes in sort of a symbolic or general theme. It was interesting to see how grouping shapes together could suggest meaning for a word.





Michelle, these look very nice. I would like to know more about why you chose these particular symbols and grouping arrangements to convey each concept. Why do you think these best describe each concept?
ReplyDelete